The Home Of
Aviation Livestream Entertainment
This Week On Big Jet TV
The Midweek Show – The Winter Euro Tour Stop 2! – MUNICH 19/12 (Approx) 10:00 GMT – Elite Only – Join Elite to watch!
The Saturday Show – 22/12 Manchester International Airport featuring Volga Dnepr’s IL-76 (Time TBC)
- GULPERS – The GE90 and Trent 1000 engine – we call it the GULPER’ due to its massive intake of air.
- RUDDER SHUDDER – ‘shuddering’ effect of the tail section created under heavy reverser action
- SEVEN FAWDY SEVEN – Boeing 747
- SEVEN FIDDY SEVEN – Boeing 757
- BIG FOOT – The tri-wheel undercarriage unit of the Boeing 777 & A350-1000 777 (Originally named by resident American Airlines Pilot Rich Taub)
- SCREAMLINER – Boeing 787 Dreamliner. (Named by one of our Moderators, Sarah Leonard. As she said, it ‘screams’)
- DROOPERS – The landing gear on an A330 on approach
- DIRTY FLAPS – The aircraft has dirty flaps due to age and staining.
- THE WIZZARD – Condensation pulled into and engine on spool up. It looks like a small funnel.
- SMOKEY JOE – Boeing 767
- CLEARANCE-CLARENCE – Clearance given to take-off, or land – taken from the movie
- TIDDLER – Smaller ‘regional and mid-range aircraft. Eg – Airbus 320, Boeing 737, ERJ190, A220 etc
- HEAVY O’CLOCK – LOTS of large aircraft inbound/outbound. 747, A380, 777 etc
- ROGUE – An aircraft landing on a runway that is assigned for departures.
- SINGAPORE SLINGER – The Singapore A380
- MINI SLINGER – The Singapore A350 – seen at Manchester
- THE SWAN – Airbus A340-600
- SIMON COWELL – Replacement ‘off colour’ engine Cowling/cover.
- TED ROGERS – Airbus 321
- F & F – Refers to movement of the Flaps (Fowler Flaps)
- INTERCEPTOR – When a tiddler rolls onto the runway for take off in front of another plane.
- THE BANDIT/RACCOON – Any aircraft in Air Canada’s new Livery